Brainbox Consulting BV aligning great talent with clients’ needs is at the core of who we are. We are passionate about our Consultants, our Clients, and our Partners. Our rich IT legacy combined with our unyielding care for our people and business is the driving force behind all we do, and we deliver!
On this journey, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with DevOps focus who is also interested to take on a wide range of activities.
Introduction to the job
Designing and building complex software requires state of the art software tools. Using the Scaled Agile Framework way of working, we provide a world class development environment with efficient pipelines to our embedded software engineers. Making sure software can be stored, edited, validated, automatically tested, built and deployed across all our software stacks and machines. Extending and transforming the existing IDE into a world class environment by continuously innovating and introducing new tools to like GitHub Actions, Bazel build system, Docker, Kubernetes and much more.
Role and responsibilities
- Write great code.
- Write great infrastructure.
- Be the guardian of the quality of our codebase.
- Analyze user stories, design the solution and implement them.
- Drive the continuous improvement of our CI/CD pipeline.
- Continuously improve your knowledge, your skills and your team.
- Coach and support team members during sprints.
- Manage, continuously improve and monitor our build pipelines and systems.
- Participate in discussions regarding new technologies.
- Every once in a while share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents and support.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or master degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering principles, such as design patterns.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer in a DevOps environment role.
- You write code that is testable, maintainable, secure, fast.
- Python is your middle name.
- Solid understanding of modern Linux (cloud) based infrastructure, Docker & Kubernetes.
- You are experienced in working in a true Agile environment.
- You have experience with or keen interest in build tools, software pipelines, DevOps and test driven development.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are a team player with good communication skills.
- Highly motivated to become acquainted with new topics and technologies.
- Driven to improve yourself and keep on learning.
- Fluent in English, both in speaking and writing.