Brainbox Consulting BV aligning great talent with clients’ needs is at the core of who we are. We are passionate about our Consultants, our Clients, and our Partners. Our rich IT legacy combined with our unyielding care for our people and business is the driving force behind all we do, and we deliver!
On this journey, we are looking for Product Owner who enables our operations to reach Operational Excellence by managing both internal and external stakeholders, prioritizing issues and driving the vision of the product.
You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Role and responsibilities
As Software Product Owner, you will be responsible for defining the requirements for on premise use cases in their journey to the cloud. You master the complexity of designing for service in a unique and highly demanding environment where performance, availability and costs are the major driving forces. Implementing organizational changes and change management are key components as well.
In addition to excellent analytical skills, you will need communication skills – to convince, motivate and inspire colleagues across multiple sectors working in different continents that are charged with implementing your requirements for process, software, organization and supporting infrastructure improvements. You have functional domain ownership in order to drive for efficiency, cost reduction, continuous improvement, and knowledge management. You will also need to be a good listener and negotiator in order to effectively engage and motivate stakeholders.
As Software Product Owner you are responsible to ensure business critical and priority features are delivered to meet customer requirements across program increments. You drive the realization of Service requirements through participation in the definition, realization and verification of service products and infrastructure.
You are Responsible for driving (part of) the MDC roadmap, which entails, however is not limited to:
- Clearly expressing and prioritizing Product Backlog items to best achieve goals and missions;
- Balancing external and internal business interests in this priority setting;
- Balance Costs, timing, technical choices
- Owns domain knowledge of the product
- Ensuring and reviewing the value of the work the Development Team performs;
- Securing relevant stakeholders are managed and expectations are aligned;
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next;
- Ensuring the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed to develop and deliver them;
- Alignment with end-users (up to 20% travel)
- Integrate the product improvements in the service operation’s workflow
- Contribute to the creation of the diagnostic roadmap and its contribution to business revenue (Service Agreements) and cost (OPEX).
Education and experience
- MSc level in physics, electronics, mechatronics, software development, data science or information technology.
- At least five years’ experience in a Hi-tech Engineering environment or similar. Multidisciplinary, broad technical scope and track record in service or engineering leadership.
- Data science and machine learning skills are a plus.
To thrive in this job , you will need the following skills:
- Eagerness to learn and expand your knowledge,
- Result-oriented and high stress-tolerance,
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude,
- Work in and drive multidisciplinary teams in a dynamic environment,
- Able to structure and maintain overview,
- Has a helicopter view, can cover a broad technical scope,
- Strong stakeholder management and able to deal with resistance,
- Change manager,
- Team builder with positive attitude and “can-do” mentality.
- Act like an entrepreneur.
- Willing to travel, several times per year (USA, Europe, Asia), max. 20% of the time.
- Preferred language: English (Dutch is nice)
- Number of days working in the office: 3 days